So you’re think Twitter might be a good fit for your business? Great, so lets get started. Twitter can have some really excellent benefits for business. So here is few a few of those benefits:
- Networking – Twitter is a great way to network with others in your industry or who have interests that relate to your business.
- Joining Conversations – Using hashtags, you can easily join in conversations relevant to your business. Events and brands all commonly use hashtags to generate conversations on Twitter.
- Gain Exposure – Twitter is a highly popular social media site, so utilizing it is a great way to get in front of your target market.
- Learning – There is a ton of useful information on Twitter, so it is a great way to stay educated on various topics.
Now, we gave covered some of the benefits, let’s look at some the basic terms and jargon you’ll need to be aware of:
- Follow – Following someone on Twitter essentially signs you up to receive their Tweets in your home page feed.
- Hashtag – A hashtag, which looks like this #, is used to generate discussions around a term or topic. For example, you may see Tweets with #rugbyworldcup. When you click on that hashtag, you will see who else is Tweeting about the same topic. This generates conversation and connecting.
- Mention – A Mention is essentially tagging someone in your Tweet. This is a great way to get that person’s attention and increase the chance of them Retweeting your Tweet.
- @reply – An @reply is when you reply to someone else’s Tweet.
- Retweet – A Retweet is when someone shares your Tweet to their list of followers.
- Favorite – This is when someone Favorites your Tweet, simply meaning they like it. Nothing too special happens here.
Her are some other things to really need to know:
- Character Limit – A Tweet can only have 140 characters, so get to the point quickly.
- @Connect –When you click @Connect and you will see how others are interacting with you (Retweets, Favorites, Mentions, etc.).
- Lists – Create a List of Twitter users, this helps keep track a specific group of users.
- Ads – There are three ad types on: Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts, and Promoted Trends.
- Trends –Trends show the most popular topics and the most talked about on Twitter. These are opportunities to join in the conversation.
Now that you know some of the basics, why not get tweeting. Follow influencers in you niche, join in some conversation but most importantly, Enjoy!. Twitter can be great fun aswell.